INTRO: Email marketing is all about delivering the value you have to offer to your customers through email, pretty simple concept, however implementing it can be a beast for some folks. This guide will help make it easier for you to implement an email marketing strategy in your business helping you generate another stream of income in the future.
Preparation Steps: Before getting started with email marketing its important to get organized. Here are the top items to set up and organize:
- Document all of the emails of your family members, friends and acquaintances. We call these people your “Warm Market”. It’s much easier to help people who already know or trust you. Additionally, its a million times easier to make 10 sales from 1 person you know than it is 1 sale from 10 people you don’t know! Trust is the basic foundation of all aspects of sales, so keep that in mind as you implement your email marketing and any other type of marketing.
- Sign up with http://bit.ly This free service allows you to shorten your links and track them to know how many people clicked on them.
- It’s easier to document these emails into a spreadsheet. Feel welcome to use the Warm Market Contact spreadsheet we organized for you, or create your own. The emails you already have should be from people you already know and they have given you permission to email them already. If this not the case get a hold of them and ask them if it is okay to email them in the future and if they would like to hear from you.
- Sign up for a Free email marketing account with MailChimp here. Its free to use initially and is a great system to start using.
ACTION STEPS: Implement the following steps to help you make your first sale using email marketing.
- Consider using the same Warm Market Contact spreadsheet to organize your warm market contacts into three groups (your warm market are people you know already). If you already have contacts stored on your phone, facebook account, Outlook, other email accounts, etc. download those contacts and upload the Excel spreadsheet to your Google Documents account so you don’t have to manually enter your contacts in by hand. This should save you significant time!
- Prospect: potential buyers of the product you plan on sharing with them
- Expert: people who are pros in the field you’re promoting. These are great people to consider partnering with in the future.
- Promoter: usually people you know best and that fully believes in you and what you’re doing and would be glad to help you promote your business to their contacts.
- Create a short persuasive email (3-6 paragraphs) that explains the value of the offer you plan on sharing with them. Be sure to clearly explain how the product solves the specific need you believe they want to get solved! Also use http://bit.ly or another link shortner and tracker for all links you place inside of your email.
- First paragraph should begin with an attention-getter such as a question, a bold statement or claim to get their attention and persuade them mentally to spend time reading your email. Additionally share the problem you’re solving and what solution you’re sharing with them.
- Second paragraph share your personal experience or purpose of the email. Have you used the product? If not who has and what is the experience? People relate with stories. Be brief but concise!
- Third paragraph share your credibility. Why should people listen to you? What’s your expertise? All as it relates to the problem/solution you’re presenting and customizing to your audience who will read the email.
- Fourth paragraph, share your invitation to TAKE ACTION. For example, invite them to visit the affiliate offer you are offering them, or download the item, purchase the offer, visit a website, etc.. Remember you want your offer to be perceived as the “perfect solution” for their specific problem.
- At the bottom on the email consider placing a P.S. section where you’ll invite your audience to spread the message to their contacts for you. If you don’t ask you’ll never know, so ask them to share your email with their friends and so forth. If the email you send out is perceived as really valuable then people will automatically share it with others which we call viral marketing and this is the ultimate goal. Not all your emails will be viral emails though, so at this time just focus on getting your first email created and sent out.
- Send that email out to your warm contacts.
- Take the same message and directly send it to your facebook contacts.
- Promote the message on twitter and other social networking platforms.
- Once you’ve done these steps write down how many contacts you emailed your offer to and promoted to on facebook and twitter: __________________________
- Login to your bit.ly account and confirm with me how many people clicked on your link:_______
- Login to your affiliate account or paypal account and confirm the total profit (sales) you made.
- How many sales did you make?___________
- What is your total profit?_________
Example Email Message:
|Hi (name of your friend),As some of you may know I’m starting a new business on the internet helping (describe your target audience here) with (describe the specific problem you’re solving for your target audience here).In the past few weeks I’ve done extensive research and tried out a product myself that I personally found to solve the challenge (reiterate the challenge/need you mentioned your target audience has in the 1st paragraph).Check out the site I put together where you can learn more about this: (link to your unique affiliate offer that you found from your supplier)
***P.S. If you would please copy and paste the email I sent you to your email contacts as well as on facebook and twitter that would help me out a ton!
Copy to promote on facebook: Hey guys. My friend (your name) just launched an awesome product that helps people (describe the solution here) that I love for you to check out. Here’s his/her site: (link to your affiliate offer)
Copy to promote on twitter:: Hey guys. Check out this awesome site I just found: (link to your affiliate offer)